Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sam's Stories

It's amazing the progress that 1st graders make in a year. Sam brought home some stories he had written today, and I was amazed (and delighted) at what he's been up to at school. Here are a few of them. The writing prompts are in bold.

One day I bought a robot and I taught it how to print me cash. I would also teach it how to scare my brother away with a laser. Then I would teach it some words. One day I didn't feel like doing my homework so he did it for me. After a while he'll want a name so I'll give him the name Dawson. He'll be the best robot ever.

Once, there were three pigs who decided to go to Florida to visit their mom. They reserved a special hotel with a mud pool. When they went in the mud pool they wanted to go in the hot mud tub. But when they went in the hot mud tub it was too hot! So, the three pigs went back in the normal mud pool and it was just right.

If I could build a tree house, I would paint it green and red. It would have a bed for me to sleep in. It would have a Wii in it. And my friends would come over and play the Wii with me. It would have a window with a great view of Mount Rainier. It would also have a TV with alot of channels. I would watch it every day after school. That's what I would do if I could build a tree house.

1 comment:

lp said...

Priceless! There's lots of creativity running through those boys. I expect we'll see great things from them in the years ahead.

Great to finally chat on Friday night. Hope to see you more this summer!